JEFFREY P. MATTHEWS
Please contact us for contact information . This is a free service for any Veterans , and those who would like to hire them .
A Program Management Professional with a extensive track record in designing, launching and managing innovative national service programs that have generated more than $19 million in recurrent annual revenue. A highly effective organizer with a history of collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop a product that exceeds the customer’s expectations while increasing corporate profit margins. An elite leader and clear; concise communicator who works well both independently and within a team environment.
Manage Multiple Projects Customer Advocate Contract Management
Relationship Management Contract Negotiations Problem Solver
Coriant / Tellabs, Princeton Junction, NJ
Senior Lead Program Manager 2001 to 2017
Designed and managed multiple service contracts for several Fortune 500 customers.
- Asked to create a portfolio of services that can be tailored to each customer’s specific network to enhance outage prevention, while saving on equipment maintenance costs. Collaborated with a diverse group of telecommunications professionals to design a program with an average 80% profit margin.
- Managed the preemptive continuous improvement of software tools to increase program efficiency and quality. Customers used this service as a best in class benchmark to compare other vendors’ services.
- Led quarterly meetings with the customer’s executive management team to report metrics, analyze trends, and emphasize program highlights to achieve a 100% client retention rate.
- A member of the negotiations team that conduct annual contract renewal deliberations with the client.
- To guarantee new Coriant/Tellabs equipment is steadily and safely integrated into the customer’s network provided project management for the implementation of all hardware and software trials in a lab environment and/or on the customer’s live network equipment.
Program Manager 1999 to 2001
Designed, developed, and managed a unique EF&I and project management program for AT&T Engineering.
- AT&T asked for a “turnkey” service to manage all facets of the installation process at their central offices. Collaborated with a team of subject matter experts at Tellabs (Application Engineers, Project Managers, and Installation Supervisors) to launch a new Enhanced Service program for AT&T.
- To ensure program deadlines are met, consulted with AT&T corporate engineers and directed activities of 17 Remote Project Managers and over 50 contractors to solve all installation issues.
- Weekly briefings were provided to the AT&T executive management team on program metrics.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Operations Manager, Technical Manager, Field Service Manager, Telecommunications Consultant
- Directed the activities of Field Engineers who performed acceptance testing, system maintenance, and hardware/software upgrades on telecommunication equipment located in a central office environment.
- Trained and evaluated Field Engineers in both the lab environment and on live network equipment.
- Developed and wrote technical documents designed to ensure that engineers were in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Supervised activities of technical and support staff while managing a telecommunication Central Office.
- Coordinated and led technical method of procedure (MOP) meetings with the customer management team to ensure all parties are in sync with the work to be completed before a project began.
- Migrated circuits from legacy switching equipment onto the newly installed Nortel DMS 250 digital switch.
United States Air Force, Robbins AFB, GA and Osan AFB, ROK
Telecommunications Systems Control Specialist (Tech Control)
Served as an Air Force “Tech Controller” that required a Top Secret security clearance.
- Designed, installed, and maintained various types of voice and data circuits within the military network.
- Trouble-shot complex circuit problems over land line, satellite, and microwave facilities.
- Developed and instructed formal training classes in several telecommunications disciplines.
AAS. Telecommunications Engineering
Community College of the Air Force, Montgomery, AL
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Rutgers Institute of Management and Labor Relations, Management Development Program
Kepner-Tregoe (KT), Problem Solving & Decision Making
Franklin Covey, 7 Habits for all Managers
ESI International, Managing Projects in an Organization
Coriant (formerly Tellabs), Coriant 5500, Coriant 8600, Coriant 7100, Coriant NGX, Coriant Groove G30 DCI
Harris Corporation, Harris 20-20
Nortel, DMS 250 Operation and Translations
Lightning Lacrosse Club, West Windsor, NJ 2004 to Present
Vice President of Lacrosse Operations / Thunderbolt Tournament Director / Coach
Member of the club’s Executive Board that managed the overall operation, budget, and purchasing. Lead a team of dedicated volunteers that planned and produced a premier lacrosse tournament.
- Expanded a youth lacrosse club from 4 teams to 8 while improving the overall skill set of the players.
- Launched the Little Laxer program for players from four to seven to teach the sport to younger children.
- Developed a local tournament of 8 teams into a top tournament that now attracts 96 teams from 3 states.
- Enhanced tournament cost-effectiveness to transform a net loss of $300 to a net profit of $25,000.
- Currently volunteer as a Tournament Consultant on Thunderbolt weekend.
- Directed the activities youth lacrosse players during repetitive lacrosse drills to improve their technique.
- Created and implemented a schedule to solve the equal playing time issue for players at all skill levels.