Sr Staff RF Design Engineer / Microwave SME
Location MD, VA and Long Island ( remote is possible for the right candidate )
Description: Client is seeking to hire an RF engineering professional who is a subject matter expert at either our campus in Frederick MD ,campus in Manassas VA or our campus on Long Island We offer an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting-edge design and genuine hands on electronics laboratory testing and product development. This exciting role will offer the RF pro the opportunity to work with our top industry leading RF and microwave design experts.
The RF / microwave engineering subject matter expert will support the development and production of complex multi-function modules used in challenging high reliability applications in all phases of the product life cycle. Specific design experience with some or all of the following products is essential: Solid State Switches, Attenuators, Multicouplers, Frequency Converters and Integrated assemblies.
The engineer will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. They will act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational products and plan research & development programs and recommend technologies to accomplish long-range objectives. The engineer will design and develop highly advanced new applications resulting in new products / business opportunities. The engineer will exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness and is viewed as an expert within the field.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
• BS degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and professional level experience.
• A demonstrated record of successful RF/microwave design is required. Proficient with Cascade analysis – Noise Figure/Dynamic Range/Saturation, Receiver and Transmitter Design and thermal analysis.
• A demonstrated ability to troubleshoot designs and resolve integration issues is required.
• Expertise with the use of microwave test equipment and with microwave circuit simulation tools is required.
• Expertise with technical documentation such as specifications, schematic diagrams and test data is required.
• Experience leading successful technical projects is required.
• Experience with organizing and conducting technical trade studies is required.
• Experience as a reviewer of designs as a Subject Matter Expert is required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
• Candidate must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance
• An MS in electrical engineering is desired.
• 10 years of directly relevant experience is desired.
• Design experience with microwave products operating .5 GHz to 60GHz is desired.
• Expertise with microelectronics assembly techniques is desired.
• Experience as the principal author of technical proposals is desired.
The company offers a highly attractive compensation package, which includes a base salary, potential equity participation, and other company benefits.