RF Microwave Technician: III-IV
Location San Jose CA
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Company is seeking an RF Technician to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in the area of microwave circuit alignment and testing in support of shipping schedules. The RF Technician will support production activities within a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems for applications including missile front ends, radar receivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources. Duties include alignment, testing and troubleshooting of RF thin film circuits, circuit cards and subsystems, as well as collecting and reviewing test data and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers on production products.
10% differential for 2nd shift.
- Work in a production environment to perform RF tuning, troubleshooting and testing on complex multi-function thin film microwave integrated circuits (MICs), Circuit Card Assemblies and/or subsystems and carefully review data for compliance.
- Carefully follow production documentation and processes, including keeping detailed records of testing and rework performed.
- Actively participate in daily production meetings and regularly interface with manufacturing engineers.
- Train and mentor less experience technicians.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) and at least 4 years of related experience, or AS Degree in electronics plus 2 years of related experience (as Tech II).
- General grasp of RF and DC theory and terms.
- Familiarity with microwave test equipment including: network/spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, power meters and DVMs
- Good manual dexterity and experience using microscope and small hand-tools, such as tweezers and probes
- Experience using a wire bonder is a plus.
- Good written and verbal skills and ability to carefully follow written instructions.
- Computer skills are required for this position including: file manipulation, file organization, accessing and launching various programs, and basic Microsoft Excel.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information