Our company has a requirement for a detail-oriented SSI Foundry Engineer who is self-reliant and excels in an independent work environment. You will be setting up and running a self contained foundry processing 2 to 4 inch silicon wafers. The candidate should be experienced in basic silicon manufacturing processes. Experience in Test Engineering, Reliability and semiconductor packaging is also welcome.
- Experience in Foundry Processes, understanding of older silicon semiconductor FAB manufacturing process nodes.
- Work Experience in a Gen II (or newer) foundry.
- Candidate will be designing and fabricating silicon PIN (NIP) diodes and bipolar transistors (NPN and PNP).
- Experience in base material procurement, diffusion, metallization, wafer testing, dicing (sawing) and packaging. Some of these functions may be out-sourced.
- Understanding of statistics for process control. Understanding of process variations for yielding improved devices.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Maintain positive relationships
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment
Roles and Responsibilities
a) Design, Specify, Install and Maintain in house foundry.
b) Develop, Document and Fabricate specified silicon semiconductors.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Solid State Engineering or Physics with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in semiconductor fabrication.
- US Citizen
- Course work in semiconductor processing, analog and microwave electronic circuits
- III-V semiconductor fabrication experience
- RF test and production engineering experience
- SOS processing
- Thin film processing