Title Regional Sales Manager
Location Remote ( East Coast )
MUST BE A US CITIZEN
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To support and manage sales effort to achieve desired revenue goals through interaction with commercial, governmental, and military personnel. This position is open to remote candidates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the Director of Sales with the day to day commercial and governmental sales function, to include customer service, development of sales materials, and development of sales plans.
- Provides input for sales forecasting, customer feedback, and product/market development.
- Assists in development of forecasting and sales follow-up to customers.
- Develop new customers through sales calls and visits. Maintaining existing customers.
- Travels as required to sales related events, shows and displays.
- Coordinates tradeshow events.
- Represents the company at public events.
- Educates customers on new and existing application of products.
- Stays current on information dealing with product and services, government contract and procedures, as well as sales procedures.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of companies products
- Knowledge on potential product applicability to current and new market needs and requirements
- Review customer inquiries and coordinate information ( with Engineering, Quality, Contracts,) necessary for discussion and review with Management.
- Prepare and coordinate formal quotations and proposals in response to customer RFPs
- Monitor major customer program and provide technical support
- Manage and support Field Sales Representatives
- Ability to clearly communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by customer or government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree required, preferred BSEE
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a US DOD Security Clearance
- Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience in sales supporting customers