Title Quality Assurance Manager
Tri-State Area ( relocation included )
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Summary: Hands-on position managing the day-to-day operations of QA in an ISO-9001:2015 environment. Participate and lead efforts to work within the company mission in developing short- and long-term strategies to improve quality and continuously improve all aspects of the business. Develop and implement plans to achieve AS9100 Rev. D certification within a year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly staff the department with the best employees, setting them up for success.
- Develop and execute quality plans in accordance with company strategy.
- Maintain ISO-9001:2015 system, lead internal audits and registrar audits.
- Maintenance and presentation of monthly reports on defects, failure modes, warranty repairs, service repairs, OTD, and other metrics to be established in coordination with company management.
- Insures production conformance with procedures, engineering instructions, engineering drawings, and customer drawings/specifications.
- Insures supplier conformance to company requirements.
- Maintain data and report on supplier conformance.
- Limited travel (10%) for quality surveys of suppliers.
- Review production processes for conformance to quality standards.
- Recommends corrective actions to engineering and management.
- Determines validity of customer complaints via customer contact, print interpretation, and inspection of returned goods.
- Writes or supervises written customer failure analysis reports, SCARs, and PPAPs.
- Participates in first article inspections.
- Establishes and presents regular training for employees on all quality issues and opportunities to improve.
- Develops programs to familiarize each employee to perform quality control as part of ongoing operations.
- Participates in new product development to ensure proper quality assurance and control plans can be implemented prior to launching products and beginning production.
- Completes quality surveys received from current or potential customers.
- Ensures compliance with established HR policies and procedures especially with regard to safety regulations.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of direct reports with periodic surveillance reviews.
Hands-on, rules-based discipline, respect of process, organized, team building, positive energy, obsession with quality, develops customer trust.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering discipline. Ten years’ prior quality assurance experience required, at least 3 in a management role.
IPC, J-STD, ISO-9001:2015, AS9100
Prefer familiarity with gages, optical comparators, RF/Microwave test equipment, and oscilloscopes. Also, induction and/or resistance soldering.