Title Manufacturing Manager
Tri State Area ( relocation offered )
MUSTBE US CITIZEN
Plan, organize, direct, and control the operation of the manufacturing plant. Develop the manufacturing facilities and organization to produce maximum quality, organization, lead-time reduction, and revenues. Work within an ISO-9001:2015 and AS9100 quality environment. Implement lean manufacturing principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Establishes short- and long-range manufacturing plans including:
a. work force requirements
b. capital equipment requirements
c. plant replacement/expansion
d. plant layout
e. technology integration.
2. Sets standards for:
a. inventory levels
b. machine and labor efficiency
c. product quality
d. weekly revenue goals
3. Maintains a safe environment for employees.
4. Monitors manufacturing activities, performance, and results; and initiates corrective action to minimize costs, eliminates material shortages, and reduces deviations from the production schedule.
5. Recommends changes to existing policies necessary to improve the revenue growth, inventory levels, and profitability.
6. Keeps up to date on trends and best practices as they relate to manufacturing techniques, processes, and equipment.
7. Reviews sales orders for manufacturability and lead-times.
8. Reviews and authorizes work orders.
9. Participates in the generation and monitoring of operating budgets for manufacturing and inventory.
10. Develops and implements periodic management reports.
11. Maintains awareness of the condition, capacity and capabilities of production equipment and requests action to maintain equipment.
12. Works with Purchasing and Planning to assure proper inventory levels, as close to Just-in-Time as possible.
13. Collaborates with management to assure needs of financial reporting and records are accomplished continually.
14. Assures systems and procedures are established to accurately identify, safely protect, and appropriately move raw material, work in process and finished goods to assure maximum cost effectiveness and plant productivity.
15. Conducts regular staff meetings with assigned personnel and assures awareness of company mission, company goals, department goals, and day-to-day work assignments.
16. Performs various project management tasks as assigned and consults with management regularly regarding these tasks.
17. Awareness of customer complaints and assures appropriate action is taken as required. Participates in failure analysis and related reporting.
18. Work closely and communicate with Sales on customer requirements and sales forecasts.
19. Works closely with Engineering to insure all products are properly documented, work instructions are being followed, feasibility of new designs, and implementation of new designs.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Develops and maintains an effective department through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, and review of all department personnel.
2. Develops and maintains excellent employee relations within the department and among all departments.
3. Provides guidance and direction to employees to assist them in their professional development.
4. Performs annual reviews with six-month surveillance reviews.
• Ability to speak English.
• Ability to calculate percentages, length, translations from English to Metric and vis versa.
• Computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Candidate will be trained to be proficient at the company’s ERP system, NetSuite.
Education and Experience
• BS or BA Degree, prefer an engineering degree (mechanical, industrial, manufacturing, or electrical).
• Lean/Six Sigma training.
• ISO:9001-2015, AS9100 preferred.
• 7-10 years manufacturing experience, at least 5 years in a management role.