VP of Engineering and Technology
Head office in NJ or MA
Key Skills :
- software architecture or development
- Hardware development history
- Digital video
- Encoding/decoding background
The VP of Engineering is part of the global senior management team, reporting to the president. The VP of Engineering and Technology will be responsible for the overall development and productization of companies products as well as provide clear understandings of relevant technology.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
• Lead multiple teams within the engineering department to build robust and cutting edge-technology.
• Implement and reinforce a culture of collaboration and best practices to break down all silos and ensure an efficient engineering culture.
• Recruit, retain, and develop the very best talent.
• Ensure that the development teams are equipment with the correct technology competencies.
• Ensure development risks are assessed, planed and mitigated.
• Ensure technology readiness is well understood.
• You will support annual budget preparation through the development of capital projects/expenditures.
• Mentor and train engineering managers to ensure a consistently growing business and a great place to work.
• Work closely with the business and other department heads to ensure changes to coding practices and architectural decisions.
• Take ownership of the quality of all engineering activity and deliverables.
• Actively participate, contribute and support the development of products from concept through qualification as defined by the process.
• Support all departments with improving efficiencies, technology, customer experience.
• You will coordinate all engineering functional communication among resources to ensure cost, quality, and delivery objectives are met (internal, external, sales/marketing, engineering, design, etc.).
• Ability to resolve multiple conflicts between widely varying personalities and cultures.
• Requires cross functional communication, simultaneous engineering and reporting
• Must be a self-starter with high initiative and able to work with little supervision.
• Must work well with others in a team environment supporting operations team.
Required Skills and Experience
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field
• Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in a professional environment
• Over 6 years’ experience of managing engineering teams
• Dynamic, upbeat, organized self-starter requiring little supervision
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Must be a proficient analyst, problem solver and solution provider
• Able to drive results quickly and possesses attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work effectively with a dynamic product mix and multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to travel to remote R&D centers
• DevOps, Agile, Sprint/Scrum development methodologies
• Prior design experience in Video signal processing, wireless technology, systems engineering or software development