Job Title: Lead Systems and Technology Lead
Location NJ or MA
The Lead Systems and Digital Design Engineer is highly motivated and innovative design engineer with strong theoretical and practical background in high-speed digital circuits, video and audio compression, digital signal processing, IP routing with FPGA knowledge. Candidate will lead a group of teams responsible for development of new wireless products. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a keen technical mind and an eye for detail. You will work closely with product managers, hardware, software engineers to develop new product offering and improve existing ones. You will lead the architecture meetings and be the main arbitrator on hardware product platforms. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
• Leads the architecture group to define technology platforms for product hardware. Participate in software architecture.
• Responsible for digital design, schematic, and layout oversight for all engineering design teams.
• Works as mentor, consultant, arbitrator and final sign-off for development and design engineers.
• Develops a team of skilled, motivated design engineers with knowledge of latest technology and design processes.
• Generates architectural work and signal flow charts or block diagrams for overall systems.
• Lead engineering teams to develop product and board level specifications.
• Responsible for documenting hardware and specification changes.
• Lead in hardware design reviews with colleagues.
• Develop and maintain ICD (Interface Control Document)
• Make the final decisions on hardware technology.
• Aids the CEO and President on advancing business development by either due diligence and/or technical assessment of the acquisitions of new companies or IP and partnerships.
• Technical face of the company – represents Vislink at public presentations, white papers.
• Manages the research and development of new technology.
• Identifies competitive advantages and monitors technological trends for the benefit of a company.
• A major contributor for personnel evaluation and the hires.
• Master’s Degree EE, Computer Science or Equivalent
• Ten – Fifteen (10-15) years’ experience in a mid to senior level engineering position
• Experience with Video compression and transport including H.264, HEVC and MPEG-TS, ES
• Proficiency in at most of the following areas:
o Electrical simulation tools
o High level of competency and experience with Memory Controllers and Interfaces (DDR, SRAM).
o High speed signal design practices
o High density designs involving FPGAs and microprocessors.
o Experience debugging industry standard buss protocols (I2C, PCIe, SPI,USB).
o Low noise switching power supplies
o DC Power budget analysis
o Microprocessor/Microcontroller design and debug experience
o Exposure to Altera/Xilinx FPGAs
o Exposure to Nios II or Microblaze
o Exposure to IMX6/8 microprocessors
o Exposure to Linux
o Digital signal processing (Filtering, control systems)
o Analog circuit design (op amps, filters)
o Experience with analog and digital video and audio signals and measurement.
o Experience with MPEG video and audio systems
o Control system theory desired
o Experience with IP and networking protocols
o Audio/Video experience
o General knowledge of RF design techniques in wireless communication technologies.
o General knowledge in Linux, C/C++ and scripting languages a plus
• Excellent organization and communication skills for interacting between different design groups
• Strong desire to learn and explore