Digital Design Engineer
San Jose, CA
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Client is seeking a Digital Design Engineer. In this position you will work in a highly motivated team environment to design and develop digital and analog circuits. Applications include missile front ends, radar receivers and communication transceivers. The Digital Design Engineer will be responsible for design architecture and proposal writing; assist with budget cost, scheduling, and holding design reviews; apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
• Develop digital board products including FPGA and CPLD base designs.
• Serve as technical lead and mentor for the Digital Engineering Group.
• Assist in cost and scheduling for new programs by reviewing customer specifications.
• Develop System Level Architectures for sub-system designs.
• Build, test and troubleshoot hardware.
• Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
• Minimum of five years of related experience in digital and analog circuit design.
• Knowledge of design tools for Xilinx, Altera or other CPLDs and FPGAs.
• Knowledge of power management circuits including voltage regulators.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree.
• Secret Clearance Eligibility including US Citizenship.
• PSPICE or any other analog simulation software experience.
• Knowledge of VHDL
• Degree in Engineering preferred.
• Experience in Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog conversion and evaluating design trade-offs
• DSP experience is a plus
• Experience with partitioning FPGAs for
1.Decoding customer interface to Assembly command and control
2.Customer loaded IP for Algorithm based DSP for MODEM and/or Radar processing