Title : Engineering Technician
Location : NY
MUST BE US CITIZEN
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision of an engineer, provides technical support on engineering projects relating to design, test, repair, troubleshooting, fabrication, assembly and production of electronic hardware.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides technical support on engineering projects as required by engineers.
- Perform electrical and environmental tests on prototype circuits and subsystems, using test procedures or general instruction from engineers.
- Assists engineers in analysis of engineering process.
- Conducts tests on company product using standard and special test equipment.
- Reads/utilizes procedures and performance specifications to perform tests.
- Optimize circuit performance for manufacturability and prepare information for transfer to production.
- Works with Manufacturing and Quality Control as required.
- Provide support to customers and manufacturing on production products as required.
- Maintains/demonstrates proper use and care of assigned tools and equipment.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Performs additional technical tasks, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of calibrating and using Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Digital Scopes and other instrumentation for testing at RF and Microwave frequencies.
- Measure VSWR, Noise, Amplitude/Phase, Gain, Switching Response, Compression point, Harmonics etc.
- Working with IF and RF products including Amplifiers, Limiters, Mixers, Analog/Digital Control Devices, Frequency Sources and Microwave Integrated Assemblies at RF, Microwave and mm-wave frequencies.
- Work with Engineer to tune and to optimize Components and Microwave Assemblies using microscope. Experience with bonding and soldering micro-electronics Components is a plus
- Ability to build test fixtures and bread-boards from schematics.
- Perform basic environmental screening
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Electronics or technical school training in electronics or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years electronics technician experience
- Two years in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with RF and electronic test equipment (Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters etc.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES