RF Design Engineer
MUST BE US CITIZEN
Designs Microwave filters for use in state-of-the-art microwave front-ends and SiP’s. Responsible for solving major and complex engineering problems in one or more phases of a developmental project involving analysis, research design, development, fabrication and/or testing of a device or system. The candidate selected must have the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates complex devices, products and/or systems. Conceives methods and alternatives for satisfying product goals, specifications and requirements of the project/assignment.
• Design and develop innovative lumped element, resonator, cavity, combline, interdigital, microstrip and suspended substrate filters that operate up to 60+ GHz under harsh environmental conditions, for both military and commercial applications.
• Collaborate with Product Line Engineering to resolve performance issues by performing modeling, optimization, troubleshooting and training of technicians.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering to facilitate the manufacturing implementation of the filters. Model, prototype and validate measured performance against requirements and iterate designs as required.
• Conducts independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of material, Components, or process specifications and requirements.
•Generate production ready designs that can be realized economically and require minimal tuning.
• Create test procedures, technical white papers and participate in technical proposal writing.
• Must have expertise with various CAD tools such as AWR, HFSS, ADS, AutoCAD and other design/simulation software. In addition, should have expertise using microwave test equipment such as vector network analyzers.
• Excellent analytical skills required. Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to exchange information and interface effectively with customers clearly and concisely.
Experience, Skills & Education Required
• BSEE required; MSEE preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 12 years of RF design experience.
• Knowledge of microwave IPD’s, filters, antennas, test equipment and Components.
• AWR Simulation Software • Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel if required • Must be a highly motivated, self-driven, goal-oriented individual •
Must be a US Citizen.