Title Sr RF Filter Engineer
MUST BE US CITIZEN
The RF Engineer (Filters) will design, analyze, verify and document RF circuits and modules,with particular emphasis in band pass and band reject filters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design high performance RF products; responsible for projects from start to finish.
- Design for low loss, high linearity, EMI/EMC, reliability and thermal performance.
- Direct design to accomplish cost, size, weight, power and manufacturability objectives.
- Direct workflow of PCB designers to assure superior RF performance of layouts.
- Develop performance validation methodology and production test / alignment processes.
- Validate new designs for specification compliance.
- Provide support to production for agile filter products.
- Support sales and marketing closely in new product definition and development.
- Respond to technical support questions pre-sale and post-sale.
- Support bid and proposal efforts.
- Ability to translate requirements into production-ready hardware
- Champion new product thrusts and technologies.
- Spearhead internal research and development efforts. This includes the research and development of topologies, physical implementation,building concept models as well as identifying all electrical operating parameters and production testing requirements. The focus is on wideband, dynamically tunable designs from HF through microwave band.
- Provide technical leadership.
§ Must have extensive knowledge of filter design methods.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in lumped and distributed RF/microwave design, supporting circuitry, evaluation of performance tradeoffs, and analysis at frequencies up to 10 GHz.
- Solid knowledge of electromagnetic theory including transmission lines, impedance matching, and resonant structures
- Experience using AWR Microwave Office software or similar.
- Experience in mixed-signal PCB layout and familiarity with PCB design software.
- Experience in design to cost and manufacturability objectives.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written formats with business development, engineering, manufacturing, management and customers.
- Proactive, responsive approach to projects and customer timelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The education and/or experience listed below represents the knowledge, skill or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BSEE and 5+ years of relevant experience required OR MSEE and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- US Person is required.
- Experience with RF modeling and simulation software highly desired.
- Experience with military environments and specifications highly desired.
- Experience developing new technology and processes highly desired.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand approximately one hour per day, walk approximately one hour per day, and sit approximately six hours per day required.
- Occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The workenvironment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, and low voltage electrical circuits while on the manufacturing floor.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment when in restricted manufacturing areas.
- Normal workdays are Monday through Friday, 8 hour days or
- 9 day (9 hours) / 80 hour alternate schedule with every other Friday off
- Lunch period is 1 hour per day, unpaid
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ATTEMPTS TO ADDRESS THE TYPICAL DUTIES PERFORMED, BUT IN NO WAY SERVES AS A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL REQUIREMENTS.