Filter Engineer, Senior Staff
MUST BE US CITIZEN
SUMMARY: Under general direction, designs Microwave filters for use in state-of-the-art Integrated Microwave Assemblies (IMAs). The candidate selected must have the ability to perform the essential duties & responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop innovative lumped element, ceramic resonator, cavity, combline, interdigital, microstrip and suspended substrate filters. All designs must be suitable for use within state-of-the-art IMAs including frequency converters and switched filter banks that operate up to 60 GHz under harsh environmental conditions, for both military and commercial applications.
- Collaborate with Product Line Engineering to resolve performance issues by performing modeling, optimization, troubleshooting and training of technicians.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to facilitate the implementation of the filters.
- Derive and document detailed filter requirements from high level IMA specifications. Model, prototype and validate measured performance against requirements and iterate designs as required.
JOB TITLE: Filter Engineer, Senior Staff
- Generate production ready designs that can be realized economically and require minimal tuning.
- Create test procedures, technical white papers and participate in technical proposal writing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BSEE required, MSEE preferred. Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in lumped element, ceramic resonator, cavity, combline, interdigital, microstrip and suspended substrate filter design and modeling. A minimum of 10 years experience with military IMAs, including frequency converters and switched filter banks which operate up to 60 GHz is also required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have expertise with various CAD tools such as HFSS, ADS, Genesys, Momentum, Autocad and other design/simulation software. In addition, should have expertise using microwave test equipment such as vector network analyzers and with performing phase noise measurements under vibration and over temperature. Excellent communication, proposal writing and time management skills are required.